"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Aiken 2011 - The drive, Day 1 and part of Day 2

It crossed my mind to not blog or track any of this year's adventures.  I am burnt out at work and using a computer at all right now has no appeal to me.  However, I remembered how much I like going back and reading about my adventures.  

The drive to Aiken was our easiest trip yet.  Lauren and I brought Napoleon and Tyler.  Have I mentioned how much of an improvement my new rig is over the older one?  We had 3 other trailers to travel with and it was nice to have a caravan.  

Napoleon and Tyler have been here before and settled in quickly.  Lauren and I unpacked and set up an efficient operation.  We checked in at the hotel and then met the group for fine dining at the Chinese buffet.  It hit the spot!

Saturday morning was normal chores followed by a trip to pick up hay.  I enjoy hauling hay around town, especially after having two good looking guys load the bales for me. Lauren tried to spend my Fred money at the tack shop, but I resisted!   She's a good saleswoman.  

Aileen/Archie, Lauren/Polean, and Tyler/I walked a few laps around the farm to relax.  We moved out for a few laps and really let them all open up once. 

Lauren and I crashed dinner at the house last night.  

Sunday morning brought morning chores, breakfast, and downtime.  We picked up pizzas and the kiddos had study hall for a bit.  (I was supposed to work, but well, I'm on vacation and I can work later.)

So that catches you up on what I've done so far.  I'm slacking on pictures, but we'll have some after tonight.  Time to see if Tyler is flat out in the sand before his lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment