"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog catch up.

Oops.  I never finished blogging about my trip home from Wisconsin last summer.  We got home safe, although it took nearly 18 hours door to door.  Since our trip to the midwest, Tyler successfully completed two novice starter trials.  He has steadily improved and is very consistent at jumping Novice level.  His dressage is starting to level out and we are having a bit of fun with Sarah.  

Within the last 2 weeks Tyler is showing signs of jealousy.  On January 29, 2011 Fred unexpectedly came home.  Yes, I own two horses now.  Crazy!  The plan is that Fred will be my Training level horse when I'm ready.


While Fred gets into a program, Tyler will remain my main ride.  Tyler and I are currently in Aiken, SC training with Sally and I'll blog about that as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment