"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 18, 2011

Get back to work!

I am happy to report that Tyler passed his checkup nearly a month after having a terrible incident.  There was no way to prove that what happened to Tyler was a reaction to the vaccine, but all the tests he went through were negative and I can't guess what else could have happened.  We are now following the plan of a week of walk, a week of walk/trot, and then a week of walk/trot/canter.  I am already forecasting where I can can compete him BN early this summer.  

I rode Tyler Thursday night when we got back from New Bolton and he felt wonderful.  He hasn't had a full month off since I have had him and it's probably not a bad thing.  

Tyler will be available for lease through me at HVS in June.  I think there is a candidate, but I am throwing this information out there just in case. 

  A lesson with Anne Jennings, summer 2010, in Milwaukee, WI. 

Fred is coming along quite well.  Lauren jumped him over everything outside while I was at The Fork and so we had a great time with Sally on Friday.   We are going to try round two at Laurel Hill on Tuesday.  Maybe I'll trot this time! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment