"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Start again.

It's been a while since I've blogged.  Imagine, I have been busy with work.  I was in NY July 11-15 and then home for two weeks.  This week I am in Ann Arbor, MI.  It's all work for the same project.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I applied for an IBM project in Paris, France for three weeks in September. 

Tyler has been in the field for a month.  He seems content, possibly a little bored.  I see him once a week.  It should be more often, but I haven't had enough hours in the day.  Yesterday when I stopped by, he started towards the diesel as soon as I pulled in the driveway.  It kind of felt like I was driving the ice cream truck.  Don't worry, he has plenty of mints and consumed at least a pound of carrots yesterday.


Stacey re-examined Fred on July 20, ten days after the great escape.  She was pleased with his progress and we received the go ahead for work. I can't explain how relieved I was to hear the good news.  We're on the start again plan and trying to make Fred stronger and fitter than I had him before.  After a week of walking, which gave me a good chance to focus on his free walk, we trotted Friday night.  Fred did not feel like a horse who kicked his way out of a trailer.  Yesterday, we did a few steps of lateral work with the help of Stephanie.  I need a lot more practice than Fred does.  Lauren takes over the ride on Fred this week. Something tells me she won't mind working him.



Lauren has the ride until next Monday.  I'm in Ann Arbor until Friday afternoon and then spending the weekend in Milwaukee.  It's been 5 months since the VA project ended.  I'm excited to see so many people that I had to unexpectedly leave.  I may end up at the Wisconsin State Fair!  (See 2010 summer blogs that feature fried PB&J, chocolate covered bacon, and the swimsuit competition.)  

Anyway, I have lots of website defects to sort, record, and calculate.  Back to the grind.

Oh, my birthday was Monday and I had a great weekend with everyone and the client I'm working for this week had peanut butter and chocolate pie for me.  I can't complain. :)  Oh, 27 is soooooooooooo old.



No comments:

Post a Comment