"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A HT is in the near future.

It's pay day.  After all the bills are paid I'm cutting a check to Plantation.  Tyler and I are going to enter BNR on June 12.  :D  We haven't competed this year and I'm really looking forward to it.  I jumped him last week and he was great.  It had been awhile since we jumped and I couldn't tell.  My plan is to go out and have fun.  Plus, I need some confidence before I take Fred out.

The boys have been good the last few weeks.  Tyler and his buddy Archie went out for their first paperchase of the season last weekend.  Tyler was his usual self out there.  We had a blast.  Somewhere over the 10.5 miles, Tyler managed to pull off both front shoes.  Oopsie.  

The next day was Fred's dressage debut at Twin Brooks.  He did Training 1 and 2.  He earned a 59 and 61.  For our first time out, I was very happy with him. 


Tyler and Fred both had lessons with Sally last week, too.  Tyler was good for Melissa (thank goodness!)  Fred did well.  We would have done better had his rider been capable of looking through the turns way earlier and could steer.  I have major homework to do.

 Sally literally raised the bar and tested us.  It was fun!
 Yeah, I like this horse.
 Melissa makes Tyler look absolutely amazing.  He likes her! 
They be-bopped around with no problem.  I was grinning the entire time. 

I leave for Phoenix Thursday night and return Sunday at noon.  I'm going to IBM's Maximo enablement event.  It's the only time all of my co-workers are every in one place.  I'm looking forward to the reunion.

Next week I'm in Ann Arbor from Monday until Friday.  I haven't been on a plane in 3 months!  I hope I remember how to fly.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment