"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, June 13, 2010

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!

Nope, sorry, not talking about the World Cup. (GO USA! Had to throw that in there.)  Tyler and I reached a goal I had set for us at the end of 2009.  We competed at USEA recognized events this year and after four tries we qualified for the American Eventing Championships.  Tyler and I won't enter the September championships, but I'm thrilled to know we could qualify.  Also, competing four times by June helped earn me a spot on the Beginner Novice Adult Amateur leader board.  The leader board changes each week, so I'm enjoying the moment.

 Aiken 2010

In other Tyler news, I rode him for the first time today after having both hocks and his left front coffin bone injected.  WOW!  He feels much more balance, he responded strongly to my commands, and his left turn was no problem at all! We jumped eight or ten fences and I was grabbing mane each time.  The difference is amazing and very exciting! We have a lesson with Sally on Friday and I am giddy to see what Tyler can do.

 Plantation Field HT June 2010

Three posts in one day, do I have a blog obsession already?

No comments:

Post a Comment