"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Work, ride, party! (Part 1)

Work has been crazy lately.  We have major deadlines back to back.  However, I made it to the barn every day but Thursday this week.

Tyler and I had our first ride Tuesday night.  It's been hot and humid here, much like the weather at home.  On Tuesdays and either Wednesdays or Thursdays, we meet up with Carol who rides Murphy and Angela who rides Stan.  It's very nice for all of us to relax, ride, and escape from office work.  

Since I couldn't make it Thursday this week, I asked Marshall (project guy) to go with me to the farm as my 911 dialer. ;)  Marshall is from Idaho and does a lot of large game hunting from horseback.  Mondays and Wednesdays are the quiet days at PCF.  Marshall, Tyler, and I all enjoyed a peaceful evening out and the humans appreciated the non-office environment.

Thursday night I worked for awhile to meet the Friday deadline and catch up on paper work.  Around 9pm a group of us headed down to SummerFest for opening night.  We wanted to see Sheryl Crow.  Before she went on there was a 30 minute firework display over the lake.  The concert was great and lasted an hour and a half.  

Matt, Jen, and Danielle

My Milwaukee BFF, Danielle, and the crazy towel guy.

Milwaukee lights

I met my Friday deadlines, dropped Rob (project guy) at the airport, and headed up to the barn.  Tyler and I had a nice dressage ride together.  Our canter needs work, but he's moving much better since the hock injections and we're both learning the new feel.  I watched Charles give a lesson to a cute palomino mare and Kathy who are preparing for the event derbies this summer at Lamplight.  Big thanks to Stonewood Farms for teaching my horse to jump in and out of a stone dust ring into the grass field.  We're a step ahead in that department! 

Friday night we headed to Andy's house (local project guy).  Detroit Dan (project guy) is staying the weekend as is Marshall and his wife, Devin. We had a BBQ with Donna (boss lady) and her husband Pat, Stefan (project manager) and his fiancee Colleen, and Nichele (super cool project admin) who are all local to the Milwaukee area.  After a great venison steak dinner, we drove over to Muskego Park to listen to Georgia Overdrive.  They are a country rock band with a connection to our project client staff.   It was a perfect summer night for a BBQ and little festival! 


There was a Harley parking lot, car lot, truck lot, and boat lot!

Mom - lots of nice lake houses! 

Nichele and I at the festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment