"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and once it has done so, he/she will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rain, rain go away!

I complain about the rain we had Thursday with a good perspective from the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.  What a tragedy.  

Cindy and Dave went to visit Dave's dad over the weekend and I stayed at the farm.  It reminded me that my desk job is so cushy.  Don't get me wrong, I loved wearing my awesome Kerrit's Coaches' coat while zipping around on the Gator in the rain.  I loved wearing rain boots instead of high heels.  The company at the barn is an even draw with some of my co-workers.  (You know who I'm talking about.) However, the feeling in my shoulders and arms after we were done was killer!  Bring on the ibuprofen.  

My search for a new project is ongoing.  In fact right now I should be applying to IBM projects and I'll do that next.  And then I'll finish paying my taxes.  Fun!

Tyler is doing well right now.  We had a great ride on Sunday.  We rode outside and did some jumper work to prep for the Cross Road Tack jumper show at Linden Hall on April 10.  He has a trial ride on Wednesday for a potential lease situation.  More news on that after something is decided. 



Fred is nursing a lovely abscess. His right front is swollen and hot.  He's currently on stall rest next to his red dork bud, Poleon, until the darn thing runs it course.  Fred was groomed and shines now while he wears a diaper on his hoof in the stall.  After I'm done blogging and doing taxes and finding a project, I need to hit the tack shop for poultice.  I think Fred is going to teach me a lot about injuries.  Grrrr.

Sally comes home March 20.   She will be at HVS on the 26th and I really want Fred ready for his debut!  Sarah will be here Friday for dressage lessons and it looks like she'll have to settle for a lesson with me and the TRose.  

On a random closing note, I just watched Mike Rowe's paper towel commercial.  Can we find a younger version of him for me? 

2 comments:

  1. I don't often comment but I love your blog and I hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I'm finding it kind of fun since I'm following other blogs now.

    ReplyDelete